Employment term: Permanent
Category: Software development
Job type: Full time
Required candidate level: Senior
Job application status: Open
The QA Lead position is responsible for overseeing the testing of software features as part of a collaborative team. This role is responsible for leading quality review of various applications and includes creating test plans and strategy, test cases in partnership with developers, QA and project managers.
You’ll be multi-tasking in a fast-paced, highly energetic, geographically dispersed environment, leading product quality. The role requires a strong deep experienced person to create and then manage the testing process, tools, and team for several products.
The person in this role will be a hands-on tester with responsibilities to directly manage QA resources and work closely with development. Successful candidates will have excellent communication skills, as you’ll be working closely with technology teams and project managers.
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of test plans, strategy, data and test documentation.
- Assist in test environment setup/teardown, test automation, and exploratory testing.
- Act as a key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Review client requirements and provide feedback.
- Oversee projects to make sure work is scheduled based on priorities, risks and team strengths and assignment of resources across projects.
- Oversee implementation and execution of functional, regression, and acceptance tests.
- Assist in recruiting new staff, conducting interviews and evaluate potential candidates.
- 5+ years experience in Software Quality Assurance
- 2+ years team oversight and direction
- Experience in testing various applications, services and user interfaces
- Experience in test automation and creating repeatable, maintainable, automated test suites
- Experience managing a team of QA Engineers
- Experience in communicating with clients
- Understanding of test driven development
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices & methodologies
- Familiarity with various defect management systems
- Understanding of software development life cycle and best practices
- Understanding of user interface design
- Strong command of the English language is preferred
- Ability to communicate technical aspects to people with non-IT background
- Experience using Jira & Selenium
- Health Insurance package
- Bonuses for good performance
- Paid days off
- Free English classes organized at the office
- Online class subscriptions
- Scholarship programs outside the office
- Participation in professional events
- Celebration of milestones
- Team buildings and events
To apply candidates must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on: June 3, 2021
LET’S DISCUSS YOUR PROJECT